I offer two types of newborn sessions, in-hospital session and at-home session. It can be a bit hard scheduling a newborn session since we can’t be certain on when your baby will arrive. I ask for you to contact me 3-4 weeks before your baby is due. I will “pencil” you in for a date around your due date. Contact me as soon as your baby arrives, so we can finalize details.
Things to keep in mind:
-The best time to photograph a newborn is about 3 to 10 days old. After about 10 days, newborns seem to be a little more irritable and can even develop dry skin.
-In home newborn sessions can last up to 3 hours.
-Newborns love WARMTH. To help our session run smooth, warm your house to about 75-80 degrees an hour before our session. Space heaters work just fine.
- Feed your baby before the session.
- White noise is good. Maybe a radio, or a TV.
- I use natural light. We may need to move furniture around to get the best lighting.
- Newborns photograph best in their brand new skin. Clothing is not something I suggest for a newborn session.
- I will bring all that is needed for your newborn session. Feel free to incorporate something special to you, such as a special blanket or hats.
I do encourage parents and/or siblings to join in the session, but your newborn will be the main focus of the session.